- Driven by the Group’s principles the commodities vertical has been consistently growing overtime in a disciplined manner, in adherence with its strict internal guidelines and procedures.
- Each trade, irrespective of the company running it, crosses the different layers of our organization before being vetted and is subject to a broad set of internal checks and validations spanning from client’s clearance, compliance controls, including sanctions, to hedging of price risk, as the risk may arise. The risk management policy does rely upon a strict segregation of duties, across the different departments of the organization and within each of it. “Ex-post” controls are routinely conducted and reports presented to the board.
- Resulting from a decision made by the executive management early 2021 the entire risk management framework, all policies, guidelines and procedures, have been reviewed, updated and reshuffled in one single comprehensive document covering governance, clients’ vetting process and risks management. With the methodological assistance of a large audit firm we have run an in depth exercise of reviewing each and every trade flow, stretching it from inception to liquidation and identifying the various natures of risk we are exposed to at each stage of the flow and how such risk is neutralized or mitigated.
- This freshly revamped risk management framework has ever since been rolled out across the organization and will now be subject to regular updates or broadening of scope as the needs may arise, in the fields of CSR for example.
- Our management of risks is actively supported by a robust IT infra providing safe communication, strong reporting capabilities and state of the art data storage and protection features.